"Today's challenge is to think about all the books you've read that came out in 2009. You have two choices. You can either post your Top 9 of 2009 or choose 1 favorite book of 2009."
I don't think that I could choose just one book, so I'm going to list my top nine (not in any particular order). Keep in mind that these are not all books that were published in 2009, but I read them all this year.
1. The Mortal Instruments Series (City of Glass) by Cassandra Clare
- This series is absolutely AMAZING! You must give it a try.
2. The Host by Stephenie Meyer
- This book was incredible/breathtaking/addictive. Even if you hate Twilight, you should be open minded about this book.
3. Evernight by Claudia Gray
- Yes, it's another vampire book. Still, the author puts a new spin on it that kept me interested.
4. The Vampire Diaries by L.J. Smith
-More vampires, but still an awesome series!!!
5. Graceling by Kristin Cashore
- This is a wonderful fantasy novel. I loved the main character. Finally, a girl who can defend herself!
6. The Sweet Far Thing by Libba Bray
- Definitely the best book in the Gemma Doyle series. Very good.
7. A Certain Slant of Light by Laura Whitcomb
- A new kind of romance between two of the dead who never made it to heaven. What's not to like?
8. Kitty Kitty by Michelle Jaffe
- HILARIOUS! Great story too. This is by far the funniest book I've ever read.
9. Kissed by an Angel by Elizabeth Chandler
- A story about love that knows no bounds. It's also a murder mystery.