"Boys Are Better in Books" aka "My book boyfriend" is hosted by Missie at The Unread Reader. This is a weekly meme in which bloggers can discuss a fictional crush. Swoon-worthy quotes and an explanation for why you chose the character are encouraged! Also, I enjoy choosing pictures that look how I imagine the character. If you want to join in this fun meme, visit Missie's blog!
“There is no pretending. I love you, and I will love you until I die, and if there is life after that, I'll love you then.”____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Who is he?
Jace Lightwood (aka Jace Wayland) is a drop-dead gorgeous and talented Shadowhunter from Cassandra Clare's The Mortal Instruments Series. Trained his entire life to protect the human world from demons, Jace isn't your average teen. The murder of his father has left him hardened, but the arrival of Clary Fray in his life soon melts his cold exterior.
Physical Appearance:According to Cassandra Clare, "Jace has fine curly gold blond hair and eyes that look gold in the light with long eyelashes. He has a slim, muscular build. His face is described as being beautiful, sexy, gorgeous and angular, and Clary often refers to him as beautiful and leonine, with a narrow mouth. Like all other Shadowhunters, he is covered in thin, silver scars from years of applying various magical runes with a stele for battle and healing purposes, as well as permanent runes."
This is why I choose Alex Pettyfer to represent Jace. While no actor or model can truly capture Jace's personality, Alex has the perfect cheek bones and hair color (not to mention his impressive abs).
“Even in half demon hunter clothes, Clary thought, he looked like the kind of boy who'd come over your house to pick you up for a date and be polite to your parents and nice to your pets.
Jace on the other hand, looked like the kind of boy who'd come over your house and burn it down just for kicks.”
Reasons to Love Him:
1. He's hilariously witty and draws from an impressive arsenal of hysterical comebacks and sarcastic remarks.
2. He's one of the best Shadowhunters to ever walk the earth.“Have you fallen in love with the wrong person yet?"
Jace said, "Unfortunately, Lady of the Haven, my one true love remains myself."
"At least," she said, "you don't have to worry about rejection, Jace Wayland."
"Not necessarily. I turn myself down occasionally, just to keep it interesting."
3. Despite his ego and unbelievable good looks, he can be surprisingly deep.“I've heard the word 'fear'. I simply choose to believe it doesn't apply to me.”
4. He is fiercely loyal and protective of those he loves.“The boy never cried again, and he never forgot what he'd learned: that to love is to destroy, and that to be loved is to be the one destroyed.”
5. He's extremely confident. Some might even say overly so, but I find his bragging to be hilarious.“I belong to you. You could do anything you wanted with me and I would let you. You could ask anything of me and I'd break myself trying to make you happy. My heart tells me this is the best and greatest feeling I have ever had. But my mind knows the difference between wanting what you can't have and wanting what you shouldn't want. And I shouldn't want you.”
“It’s me,” said Jace. “Watching me play Scrabble is enough to make most women swoon. Imagine if I actually put in some effort.”
All in all, Jace Lightwood is one of my all time favorite fictional characters. I adore him. Cassandra Clare's novels are absolutely brilliant. If you haven't checked them out, then do so right away. I mean, look at Jace. You have no choice.